Colonic irrigation, also known as Colonic Hydrotherapy, is a safe and effective method of cleansing the colon by repeated gentle flushing with warm filtered water under very low pressure, using specialised massage techniques on the tummy area to stimulate release. It is a highly effective way to start a detox and cleansing regime. It aids in the elimination of toxins from the body by flushing out the toxins from the bowels, thereby ridding the body of accumulated toxins at a much faster and more thoroughly than our organs (skin, colon, lungs, kidneys and liver) would normally achieve on their own.
Once we truly understand the "single greatest challenge our body faces is the effective removal of wastes and toxins ", we will never again undermine the importance of frequent, high quality, bowel movements.
The treatment is odourless and is not painful.
Unfortunately in 90% of cases just going to the toilet is not enough.
Modern lifestyles are completely unnatural and this leads to a build up of toxic waste in our bodies that accumulates over the years.
Many factors contribute to this faecal accumulation, the most common are:
• Busy lives and ignoring the 'urge to go'
• Diets high in gluten and dairy
• Red meat and processed meat consumption
• Refined Carbohydrates and Sugar
• Processed foods, artificial preservatives, sweeteners and other chemicals
• Low intake of water with consequent dehydration
• Low intake of vegetables
• High alcohol consumption
• High caffeine consumption
• Fizzy drinks
Every treatment is on a state of the art device only available at Hydrocleanse which is located within a warm and tranquil environment. All treatments are carried out by our friendly and fully qualified colon hydrotherapists, who have our client's best interests and wishes at heart.
Sadly, for all the factors previously described, bowel cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in non smokers in the western world.
1. Every year more than 16.000 people die of bowel cancer in the UK.
2. More than 149.000 people died from bowel cancer the year 2008 in Europe.
3. Bowel Cancer killed a total of about 600.000 of people in the year 2008 in the entire world.
These concerning statistics help a lot in understanding the great danger of our unhealthy modern lifestyles.
Even those that think to be following a so-called “good” diet will be surprised by the amount of faecal waste that has accumulated over the decades in their colon.
For all of these reasons, everyone can benefit from cleansing of the bowels and an improved diet and lifestyle.
Accumulated waste, stagnating in the colon for long periods of time can cause toxemia (poisons that leak into the bloodstream) that can lead to you having many unwanted ailments and symptoms. There are numerous benefits from Colonic Hydrotherapy:
Improve bowel regularity
• Resolve constipation. Unlike damaging laxatives, Colonics do not make the bowel lazy. Colonic Irrigation exercise and strengthen the bowel, promoting a return to regular, complete bowel movements. A clean, healthy and fully functioning bowel will drastically reduce the probability of you incurring bowel cancer.
Increase energy levels and improve mood
• Feel lighter, fresher and energised.
Relief from lethargy and fatigue.
Mental clarity, reduced headaches, enhanced sleep.
• Resolve problems such as I.B.S (irritable bowel syndrome), bloating, wind, diarrhoea, heartburn, Clearer & brighter skin complexion
• Resolve skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne.
Boost your immune system
• Create a clean, healthy environment for friendly bacteria to grow.
Resolve candida, thrush, bad breath, smelly feet.
Enhance absorption of vitamins and minerals.
Assist in weight balancing and body shaping
• A course of colonics may assist you in losing inches or weight due to the release of stored waste material and gas.
Following a deep cleanse you will feel more motivated to improve your diet
Alkalise your body
• Most people have an overly acidic body due to overconsumption of meat, dairy and grains.
An alkalised body will keep you free of disease and help to keep you looking young and feeling vibrant.
Hydration of the body
• 60 – 80 litres of purified water is used throughout a single treatment.
After you have felt the benefits of colon hydrotherapy you will be more motivated to stick to the recommended drinking of 2 litres of water per day.
1. Your appointment will include a full consultation, followed by the treatment, which will last between 50-60 minutes.
2. You will be covered with a towel during your treatment so that your privacy, comfort and dignity is maintained.
3. A disposable speculum is very gently introduced.
4. Only a controlled amount of water is allowed to enter the colon at any one time.
5. Throughout your treatment you will receive deep skilful abdominal massage to encourage the release of stored matter and gas.
1. Several treatments are necessary to clean the faecal waste that has accumulated over years in the bowel, which is 5 to 6 feet long. For this reason a starter course of 3 or 6 treatments is recommended. An assessment will be done after each treatment as to when you should come back.
2. Nutritional and lifestyle advice will be given at the end of each session.
3. A high quality probiotic culture to restock the bowel flora will be offered to replenish what has been lost in the bowel during the treatment.
4. The improved cleansed environment of the bowel combined with a good diet will encourage the “good bacteria” to grow, boosting your immune system, bowel health and overall well-being.
Some clients have complained of slight tummy ache but most clients find the treatment very relaxing as the treatment takes places within a tranquil environment. The treatment is also odourless.
A thorough medical history and lifestyle questionnaire will be Colonic irrigation is not recommended during pregnancy, or for people with medical conditions, including:
• Heart problems
• High blood pressure
• Severe Fissures
• Kidney disease
• Some digestive disorders, including ulcerative colitis